Skip to navigation
Skip to content
Ingredients for Plain Dosa
- Idli rice- 2 cup
- Urad dal- ¾ cup
- Fenugreek seeds– ½ tbsp
- Rice flour – 3 tbsp ( optional )
- Jaggery [grated]- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Poha – 2 tbsp ( optional)
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ½ cup powdered jaggery
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp dry ginger powder (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh grated coconut (optional)
- 200 grams (or) 2 nosripe banana
- 1 pinch baking soda
- ½ cup water
- ½ to 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee for each impression
Preparation of Plain Dosa
- Wash and soak urad dal, idli rice and fenugreek seeds separately for 5 hours.
- Drain water then grind to nice batter. The rice batter should have a fine rawa like consistency
- Transfer the batter to a container then add sea salt, mix well ,cover it & leave it for fermentation (approximately 8 hours).
- After fermentation add rice flour and grated jaggery mix well (add water if the batter is too thick).
Making Masala Dosa
- Heat cast-iron dosa tawa, sprinkle 1 tbsp of oil then pour batter, spread the batter in a circular way and make sure it not too thick.
- Sprinkle oil over the dosa & cook till crisp.
- Once dosa becomes crispy fold & transfer to a plate & serve hot with chutney and sambar.